Two days, two courses and two shotgun starts.
The Roganstown & Swords Pro-Am in aid of Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital tees off on 12 September 2016.
Prices per team range from €330 to €390 (there are early and late start times available on both courses) All fees include* breakfast, goodie bags, snacks and either a buffet lunch or post round 3 course meal.
Roganstown Hotel & Country Club will be offering special overnight accommodation rate for those competing. To reserve a slot for your team, please contact Ciaran Flaherty (Business Development Manager & Golf Sales) on +353 87 6886092 or email email@example.com.
Roganstown Hotel & Country Club
The hugely popular and demanding Atlantic Coast Challenge returns later this year at Carne Golf Links, Enniscrone Golf Club and County Sligo Golf Club.
Played over three days (4/5/6 July 2016) it takes shape in a 3 person team format, golfers can compete for team and individual glory with a generous prize fund of €6000 on offer.
You can book your place here. The deadline for early bird spots has passed but great value still exists at the rate of €139 per golfer (consider that rack rates for these courses during peak summer can reach €140)
It’s a unique golfing experience on the edge of the world and one event, that’s not to be missed.
Atlantic Coast Challenge 2016
And now, the end is near; and so you may face the final curtain.
They’ve stated their case, of which, they are certain.
The Council of National Golf Unions Limited (CONGU) recently announced a number of revisions to the CONGU manual. The much debated and most talked about relate to the handicap system and the degree of increases (or in some instances, decreases) you can incur in a calendar year.
From the Golfnet website:
Among the most significant changes in the 2016 edition of the manual are:
• Exact Handicaps: In Ireland lowest exact handicap is now restricted to 1.0 stroke increase in a calendar year.
• Four Ball Better Ball Handicap Allowance: In stroke play each partner will receive 90% of their full handicap, and in match play the back marker now concedes strokes to the other three players based on 90% of the difference between the full handicaps rather than 75% (3/4) as at present
• Reinstatement of Handicap Status: The reinstatement of a competition status handicap requires a player to submit 3 qualifying scores (which could be 18 hole competitions, 9 hole competitions or Supplementary Scores both home and/or away)
• Continuous Handicap Review: To assist with this process there will now be a computer generated report which highlights those players with 7 consecutive 0.1 increases. Handicap Committees are now recommended to review the performance of such players and to give due consideration to applying a handicap increase where applicable or required.
• Dates – The handicap year will now follow the calendar year,1 January to 31 December, and a player’s handicap will be based on scores returned within that period
For detailed information please visit: